So here is a little preface for my new blog idea...
I work at a restaurant called Timmer's Resort, a place that has been in our community since 1864. I started working there in May, when it re-opened after a lot of renovations. It is a beautiful place on Big Cedar Lake, (one of my all time FAVORITE places to spend my time) so working there is actually pretty cool, and a lot of fun.
Anyways, (ramble, ramble, ramble) after work, the manager, and some of the waitstaff hang out and drink wine. The same group of us work on Monday nights and it just sort of became a tradition that we stayed after work, drank wine and listened to music. Every week someone got to choose a band, singer/songwriter, genre... you get the point. So, we named it Wine and Music Appreciation Mondays.
When I started this blog I thought, why not carry the tradition on here? From now on, Mondays on This Must Be the Place will now be Music Appreciation Mondays (MAM).
I have no musical talent what-so-ever, but I love discovering new artists and genres, and I think this is a great way for us all to share! Some Mondays, I may even blog about wine... after a few glasses, I'm sure.
Stay tuned for this Monday, my first MAM blog!

1 comment:
I am so excited about this. You always find the best tunes--how perfect!!
Post a Comment