Sunday, October 11, 2009

my love

I can't believe I have waited this long to tell you about the love of my life.  I can't imagine what the love for your own children is like, but if I feel this way about my dog...

Millie (Mildred Lyte Sands - get it, "Miller Light") is a Bichon Frise, and is just over a year old.

She is the sweetest dog in the world.  She is so smart and funny and does the cutest things.  For example, her tongue is just a little bit too big for her mouth - in a totally cute way.  When she gets really tired, the tip of her tongue hangs out of her mouth.  The more sleepy she gets, the more the tongue hangs.

Another one of my favorite things about her, is how I can pick her up at any time, whether she is tired or not, and sing "Go to Sleep My Little Baby," and she falls asleep.  Her eyes start to get sleepy, she starts yawning, and within minutes she is out like a light.  It has become sort of a joke to my family and friends.  It never fails.

Side-note: This is sort of weird, but I used to do something similar when I was a baby.  Whenever my dad would rub my eyebrow, I would fall asleep instantly.  I could be wide awake and playing with my toys, and once the rubbing started, I was out.  To this day, when I am tired I start to rub my eyebrow and it helps me fall asleep.  Sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it and my mom will say, "Are you tired?" And then we both laugh.

Ok, ok, I know.  I am a little crazy when it comes to my dog.  But no matter what my mood is, she always cheers me up.  Every time I hold her my heart gets all warm and fuzzy.

It's pretty cool what pets can do to your emotions...

I would love to hear your crazy pet owner stories.

Here are a few pictures of my sweet, sweet girl.





3 comments:

Valerie said...

millie is the most beautiful puppy ever!

miss her!

Brittany said...

what is she going to be for halloween?!

Danielle Sands said...

I don't know yet! Last year she was a little pumpkin, so she might be that again if mommy can't make a run to the store... haha