Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MAM

It's technically Tuesday.  But that is OK, because I just got home from work.  This Monday it was more about the wine appreciation than it was the music.  That is fine with me ...


So, this Monday (or Tuesday, if you must), I am going to feature Lisa Mitchell, an awesome 19 year old Aussie. 


She was discovered on Australian Idol and became a big hit across the globe.  She grew up listening to the  classics, like Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens and Van Morrison.  Music is her escape and therapy from everyday life.  I love this quote from her...

“I’m a chronic journal writer, 
so it’s kind of like when I can’t just write it down, 
when there has to be even more of a human element to it, 
whether my voice or the chords…
 I guess it’s like proof that I can move forward. 
Usually it’s about losing and then re-finding hope or happiness. 
Most of my songs are written around that cusp. 
I guess it’s a survival mechanism for me.”



I love all off her music.  Just really gets you to dance around and makes you feel good.  I am going to post two of my favorites, simply because I can't pick just one.

I hope you enjoy as much as I do!








For some reason You Tube won't let me embed Neapolitan Dreams... so this is not the real music video. Google it.






No comments: