It is Tuesday, which means I am a little late on my MAM post. Better late than never, right?
I don't know how the weather is by you, but in Wisconsin it has been windy, rainy, gray and COLD. Right now it is 49 degrees. Brr!
For my first MAM post, I thought I would do a little tribute to one of my favorite singers, a guy who knows how cold it gets here. Justin Vernon (a.k.a. Bon Iver) is from a little town, not too far from me, called Eau Claire, WI.
After a rough year (break-up of a band, a relationship and a battle with mono), Vernon came back to WI from NC and headed to his father's cabin in Wisconsin's northwoods to recover. He started writing songs as therapy and ended up with For Emma, Forever Ago.
His intentions were never to record his music, it just made him feel good. I am so glad he did, because it is a beautiful album. It is especially great for these dark, cold days WI has been having lately (probably because he wrote this in a little cabin in the middle of nowhere WI, during a dark, cold (freezing) winter). iTumes describes him as "a gorgeous backwoods acoustic gem with real emotional power." I agree.
Skinny Love, is one of my favorites. Let me know what you think. Be sure to check out the rest of the tracks, and his other album, Blood Bank
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love this song! I'm so glad you had me download it. I love that he went to a little cabin to write. Sounds romantic. I love MAM. what a good idea!
oh my...new obsession!!! so good...
Thanks for your nice comment!
OK...I LOVE this song...and your blog is great and perfect. I'm coming back every Monday BTW...can't wait to see what's next.
Your newest fan,
A
PS-Had to use my other blog identity to add this comment...but I'm Thirty Seconds...http://www.thirtyseconds.us
Thanks, Andy! Hope to see you at Timmer's soon!
Post a Comment