I had to go to the mall today to return some video tapes (haha, couldn't resist, great movie) and I always have to stop in Barnes and Noble just to browse around. I love the energy in book stores and how you seem to get lost in the rows and rows of books.
I am in need of a good read. I need something funny. The last few books I have ready I literally laid in my bed and cried for several hours after I got done reading them. They were great, but I need a little pick-me-up.
I have been wanting to read any book by David Sedaris for awhile now. He just seems hilarious and sarcastic. While skimming through Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, I busted out laughing in the middle of the store, noticed that an old man was startled because, heaven-forbid someone actually make a sound at a book store, and awkwardly headed to the check-out counter. I will let you know how it is.
Has anyone read anything by Mr. Sedaris?

1 comment:
i have read EVERY book by him--start with this and work your way up to the present...you will have so much fun reading them!! When you are engulfed in flames is his latest...and i read on the train and just laugh out loud--i cant wait to talk david sedaris with you!!
Post a Comment