Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4.20.10

I had a nice little Tuesday.

After a stressful day at work, a friend and I decided that we needed to do something to get our minds off the day.  We decided we would take a walk to the lake and grab a six pack on the way.  So we packed our blanket, put Millie on her leash and were out the door.

As we were walking down Brady Street, I saw a little stand that said "Crepes." I looked at Alison and said

"Is that really a crepe stand I see?"

"Um, yeah I think it is!"

no shit. 

Satellite Crepe might be my new favorite part of living downtown.  This traveling "green" cart (solar powered and cooks with gas) stops at all of Milwaukee's hot spot locations.  They bring gourmet style crepes straight to the curb.  Follow them on Twitter and Facebook so you know where they are at all times.  Trust me fellow Milwaukeeans, you will want to know.  

We could not decide what to get, especially since there are sweet and savory options.  So of course we decided that we would get one of each.  I went with the Supercluster which has Prosciutto, shredded cheese, fresh basil, tomatoes and truffle oil.  Alison got the Red Sputnik which had fresh strawberries and nutella (we also asked them to throw some bananas on there... good call).   Best crepes, (hands down) that I have had since I was in Europe.  

Thank you Satellite Crepe for the great surprise on our little walk.  I was too excited about eating the crepes that I didn't get a picture of the sweet 'green' cart, or the crepes themselves.  (I don't know why I feel the need to document what I eat, but I do).  No worries, I'll be back... 

bag of beer, crepes, lake michigan, sail boats and Millie






5 comments:

Kristen said...

Danielle!!! I am now following you... and you will never believe this. I think we're neighbors... I live in Milwaukee as well and have heard of this Crepe stand. As soon as I read Brady street, six pack... I had a hunch you might be in the same place I am. I'm actually at my friend Sarah's right now... who lives just off of Brady (Prospect Ave). I adore Milwaukee- and am having so much fun exploring and falling in love with this beautiful place :)
So good to know you! I am adding your blog to my sidebar and cannot wait to stop back and read more about your adventures....
PS- I just did a post this weekend... if you have not yet been to the Pasta Tree, you MUST try it. It is out of this world!

Danielle Sands said...

Oh my goodness, what a small world! I knew you were in Milwaukee, but had no clue you were so close! I love Milwaukee too... so much exploring I have to do! Thank yo for following me and I can't wait to post more about my Milwaukee adventures.

Yup, that is right where we were last night... my friend lives on Prospect and Brady... I live a few blocks from there.

I read your Pasta Tree post... I have been DYING to try it! I have heard so many good things. I love the blog world...

Caroline Elizabeth said...

Awww Millie!! Love your makeover too ;)

Anonymous said...

j e a l o u s

Brittany said...

love crepes.

kelly rice and i practically kept the crepe place next to our apartments in business.

i love ham and brie in mine. yum.